Monday, March 12, 2007





Hello everyone!

Last week was wonderful! There are just so many good things to say about it, I don’t know where to start.

First of all, I had the chance to meet some really great people. I look forward to building new relationships and continuing to learn from others and their experiences.

Second, I really learned a lot from all of the sessions that I attended. To sum up, overall the advice focused on a few key points:

-Don’t be afraid to take risks and don’t be afraid to fail. Although no one likes to fail, you will learn valuable lessons from your failures. Plus, you never know how great you can be until you put yourself out there.

-Surround yourself with great people. Having a great team is one of the main keys to success. A great team makes you and everyone else look good. Try to hire people to fill in for your weaknesses. Don’t forget that everyone should share in the successes and failures.

-Love what you do. Positive results come from positive attitudes. Get excited about what you do even in challenging times. Focus your energy in a positive way and you will not only feel better about yourself, but you will encourage your team as well.

There are many other things that I could write about, but these are the key lessons that really stuck with me. I hope that all of you enjoyed the conference as much as I did. For those of you were not able to attend, I hope that you will plan on going next year.

Again, I want to thank the Atlanta WICT Chapter for giving me this great opportunity. Here are some pictures that I took from the conference. Enjoy and I hope to see you all again soon!

No comments: